Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Weekly Update 10/22/2013

Hello everyone! This week I found some information and exciting things in relation to my project. I was able to view current maps of Onteora Lake that are located in the display. They show topography of the area but they have little information on where the camping sites are located and detailed trail maps. It will be a great opportunity for myself to be able to provide these things through my project. This week I will be out in the field collecting data points of the trails and campgrounds with a GPS Unit. I am very excited to be out in the field and the progress that will be made on the project. Look forward to updating you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great, Evan. I suggest make a draft map with available data layers such as wetlands, topography, stream channels. Then you can add your GPS points to that map. Also, if you have existing maps in a jpg or pdf format, you can georeference them and digitize any pertinent features. Georeferencing is in the last part of the Chapter 11 tutorial.
    -Dr. M

    ReplyDelete